Do you ever have those mornings where you want to go all out and try something different? Usually, my Saturday mornings consist of waking up, shuffling around some papers for school/pitiful attempts at cleaning, and getting ready for work.
Rarely do I treat myself to a nice breakfast, but I was inspired last weekend.
//Ingredients & Directions//
- 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread, or any other variety (although I’m not too sure how GF bread would hold up from the egg wash)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil + more to pan-fry
- a dash of salt (I recently bought celtic sea salt and I love it!)
- a couple pinches each of cinnamon and nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350F.
Over the stove-top, heat the skillet coated with a thin layer of coconut oil.
Mix all the ingredients (with the exception of the bread) in a bowl. Places the slices of bread, one at a time, into the bowl so they can soak up the egg mixture. Transfer the slices of bread to the skillet, heating until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the bread, and heat the other side. Remove from pan, let cool, and prepare the stuffing.
Goat cheese and Pomegranate Stuffing
- 1/4 cup or less of goat cheese
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a pomegranate
Mix first three ingredients well, then gently mix in the pomegranate arils.
Coat one slice of bread with the stuffing, and top the slice with the other piece of bread. Bake in the oven for about 5-10 minutes.